Folks,
PV1 :

That was fast! Yes I am well into 3D with sound, guns and R/T speech. I can see your beautiful textures below... then it fades to black.

Yes I read those notes with great interest days ago and have followed them but for one thing. The latest DX 9.0C I could find to update to was 2010. I did that. I am running Win 7 Prof. based upon your prev. recommendation I did not get 8.1. No Compatibility mode, running as admin. DT Res OFF but every time I launch Bob windows changes the color scheme and puts the res in game to 1280x768 or something (see screenie of notification above)when I had set it for the native 1360x768x60. I have to set it all over again. Particle density is on Med.

I will look for DX 9.0C from 2011 or later and install that. The post over at A2A gave good ideas but they did not solve the problem.

Thanks for your time. Thanks for your help. After 14 years of following this game and playing it now that I have a new computer I really want this to run.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019