the question appears to have been answered, thank you McG for making it official. Congratulations to us. This calls for a round of drinks.
JRT, contrary to popular belief I have not been near any local establishments for days. Well, okay, on Saturday I did have a gig, but I didn't actually pay for any drinks.
Old Dux, well done on the American Black tern, that must be a true CMF bird, to use Bill Oddie terminology. Three Tern sp. in one view is a treat. Despite the name, the bird was probably a Canadian import, since I believe the healthiest esatern population is in this country. The nest not far from where I live. Even here it is far from being a common bird. Ring-necked Duck is a very good find also.
I did a little birding myself which is a rare pleasure. Yesterday we dipped on Buff-breasted Sandpiper but got lots of Black-bellied and American Golden Plover plus a few other waders . We did well on warblers, including Canada, and saw 11 Kestrels. Today was mega tick day for me with a Black-throated Sparrow from Texas area - only the second of this sp. to be seen in Ontario. 2 Bald eagles and more warblers were a bonus.
Getting up at 4:30 A.M. isn't as easy as it used to be. In fact I had forgotten there were two 4:30s in the same day.
"you know you've done a wheels up landing when it takes full power to taxi."