Folks,

It has been cloudy and cold for days now. That could continue into next week. I received my handy, dandy 10 speed electric blanket in plain brown wrapper yesterday from Amazon. Odd that. Seems to me the words Amazon and electric blanket should not ever show up in the same sentence.

I have never used one much. My wife kept me warm for 40 years, We didn't need an extra blanket for our mild winters. Now I need a little boost on coldest nights. It sure worked great last night. I do admit, however, waking one time and feeling too warm. The blanket was set to its lowest of 10 setting. I believe the humidity had risen. I have always preferred a cold bedroom.... temperature wise.

I have solved my "Your connection isn't private" errors. I was blocked from my email and YouTube plus other sites. Now, I can go where I please and with complete anonymity. I simply installed a premium VPN.

I had always believed that running a VPN would slow my computer to near stall warning...maybe crash it. Not so far. I cannot tell any difference in speed. I recommend using a VPN when browsing the web. It's a jungle out there even if you don't download dubious apps shady downloads at own your risk.com. Or visit Miss Myrtle's Site of Ill Repute. They are out there. Lurking, waiting for us to make a mistake. VPNs give a ton of added privacy for very little cost.

MG:

Fascinating. I could have used that program back in the 70's when I was biking every day very seriously. I do see your point. Unless you were a professional buker, chasing that data would be a real fun killer. 🚴


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019