Y'all

Welcome back to the 3rd rock, McG. and to the pre-Christmas bustle.

JRT, I have some modules from the DCS group, but not the Normandy or WWII bunch.
Somewhere between Flight Simulator, Combat FS and DCS, I had decided I had done enough checklists, take a break for a bit and just wanted to tongue-touch clouds, roll on my back and penetrate a cloud deck through a sun-dog without worrying about stone-hard cotton puffs.

I have enjoyed it, doing minimal checklists; but I know I need to get back to doing it right and study systems and checklists though. My background demands it. We'll see if I can manage having fun without turning it into too much work. There is still plenty about flying I would like to learn.

Ahh, those rotary phones and phone booths. You quickly learned that in a New York winter, it was best to save some nickels and dimes and scout a phone booth inside a store.
My favorite one was in a drugstore, where if you were considerate of other customers, they would let you talk to your girlfriend as long as your stash of coins lasted.
That eliminated the at-home privacy issue where your sister couldn't hear you and no one was asking if you were done with your homework and had finished the dishes.

I think that's when I learned how to do some cooking, but Sis could always come up with a scheme to make me end up washing dishes too.

Not even sure if we had a house phone at the time. I do remember putting one in at fourteen when I assured the phone company I had a job and could afford a house phone.
Also remember having to put a lock on it so my sister wouldn't use all my minutes with her chatty friends.
Yes Sir, it wasn't until I left the city that i learned most of the country did not pay phone-time by the minute.

It was useless, she managed to figure out how to defeat it and cheat me out of time so I always had to pay extra even with my minimal use.
It figures, she became a lawyer.