JRT, Folks,

Seriously, I had not thought about the loud car radios blasting unrecognizable noise that seem to stop next to me at every fifth stoplight.

I once sold, at a very good price, a nicely-kept Celica to a friend that coveted it.
Afterwards I realized he got it for his son, who promptly turned the small trunk into a speaker magazine; the sort that you see driving down every street in South America cities, lyin..oops, I mean extolling the virtues of a politician to one and all through a megaphone with 6,000 ohms of power.
For weeks after my friend came and showed me his son's ouvre I had to withstand dirty looks and comments from the neighbors.

How about infra-red alerts on a smart phone?

Objections may be raised to putting a radar app on a "smart" phone. I seem to remember strict instructions to make sure the radar was OFF if anyone was in front or around an aircraft's radar transmitter since bodily receiving radar beams could lead to shooting blanks and other damaging effects on the receptor's self.

I could resent the head-down inattention of some person fixated on their phone and coming toward me with a radar narrow beam only needed because he or she could not miss the action on his mini screen.

I mean, how often would I have to wash the tinfoil outfit?

Last edited by Fittop; 07/06/17 10:17 PM.