Half ast there...er...I meant to say avast there maties. As recommended by Dux, with whose taste in films I usually agree, I finally watched the DVD version of "Master & Commander" last night. Then I watched it again today. I liked the film even more the second time that I saw it. There is far too great a richness of detail of 18th-19th century naval life to catch it all on the smaller screen with but one go.
I'm not much for reading fiction however I may have a go at the M&C novels as well. After all like so many others have, I thoroughly enjoyed the Hornblower series of books. The film series of those Hornblower books were well done too I think.
Does anyone have a years of sail naval warfare simm to recommend? Those I've read about were said to be painfully slow and about as exciting as watching a small patch of fescue grow in the shade. :rolleyes:
I've seen it twice and now I think twice is not enough. I believe I'll watch that movie again tonight. Perhaps this time when I watch it that little mid-shipman won't lose his right arm and the French captain will not elude recognition by Lucky Jack at the end?
Hmmmm. I heard that remark SNAFU. OK, I give up, what was it they say about anyone doing exactly the same thing the same way over and over but expecting a different result each time is a sure sign of?
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019