Folks,

Jens/MG:

LOL. Well, that clears up several un-asked questions my friend. And I must agree that it is a shame that so few are the posts on our worthy thread these days that I have only the disposal of poorly aged wine or our lack of snow for inspiration. You and Fittop have done more than your share of posting with Dux popping in with the Welsh fishing report now and then. I was especially pleased to see our prodigal BDG leader make a recent post. Thanks for that my friends.

I am doing my best to post on a daily basis again as once was my habit for over a decade. Of course what I have posted has never been anything of note and certainly not anything to attract either lurkers or regular posters. In the past our incomparable game was the major draw both to the forum and to this thread. With the flight of so many to another BoB forum and then conflicts with new Windows versions things here have slowed markedly. One only has to look at page one of our forum to realize that.

I am however pleased that we "few" continue to carry on SNAFU's thread in the interest of good camaraderie and friendly conversation if not for the game itself. This being a meeting place for several good friends of diverse nations and any future new comers as well, I think it worthwhile. Though I have the e-mail addresses of two of you and thus could keep in touch, I for one, would miss this thread if it no longer existed. Almost 16 years seems a long time for any thread though I'm told it is no record of either longevity or even number of posts or views. I think SNAFU, wherever he may be, would be both surprised and proud of it.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019