Yes indeed, I have learned there is a big difference in "free download" and "free program to download". Of course having been in the advertising business for so many years I am well versed in the semantics of such things. Often it is more important what is not said than what is.
Like this: "People who switched from our Zeppelin crash insurance policy from 'their' Blimp crash insurance policy saved an average of two years pay." OK, I'm sure they can prove it too. What they do not say is how many thousands more did not choose to switch because they only saved an average of let's say.... zip.
Legally ads can promise only so much. But they can and often do bring you to the very brink of an unsubstantiated claim and then, counting on your imagination, give you a good nudge. "Let the buyer beware" is just as true today as it was in Roman times.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019