Roger; Thank you for the detailed and very pedagogical walk-through regarding Audacity. I'll copy and save your instructions so I can apply them next time I'm ripping my vinyl albums. I also use Mp3Tag as I find it the most reliable and featured of the tools available. I wonder if Mp3Gain could be used for de-gaining, in other words to quieten down passages I feel are too loud. Some of the albums of which I've been so careless to buy remasters of, have been edited and mixed by audio-engineers who are half deaf and plagued by tinnitus!
I solved the Apple TV mystery: The HDMI cable was only half-way attached. Reattaching it fixed my issue. I agree with you Roger that Apple is not as customisable as Android. Overall Android is more to my personal liking over Apple unfortunately the majority of Danes don't agree with me (idjits!) so some stuff is only available for Apple, e.g. the indoor biking training app "Zwift".
Back to the rainy autumnal day here, enjoying listening to Lambchop - is a Woman.