JRT, glad to hear that you've had your yearly bath, reminds me that I think I skipped mine last year. And for the last few months I thought the missus' habit of putting a clothespeg on her nose was some sort of fashion statement. Thanks for posting your family portrait, a truly handsome group. And squeaky clean too. You can't help but love those critters - we recently had to put down our cat of 16 years. My son couldn't recall the time before we had him. It is amazing how much a part of the family they become. Osram, your example besides comparing flying experiences, makes a rather strong point for the esteem which opposing pilots held for one another. There is an old tradition of 'chivalry of the air' which many say has been overly mythologized, or indeed never really existed. It is rather comforting to observe civility taking precedence over the killer instinct.
"you know you've done a wheels up landing when it takes full power to taxi."