Folks,

I had to log in today; normally I don't.

No big deal but it took what seemed to be ages before I was accepted.....come on Sim HQ I've been here almost every day for almost 17 years now. I think you should recognize me on sight by now. I'm not sure if it was my computer or the website that slowed down. I use a great password manager to log in these days. That works fast.

Dux:

Run out and check yer gull guano encrusted Welsh mailbox old boy. I'm fairly sure there is a damp communication impatiently waiting there for you. Scrutinize it closely. You'll find there's a recent pix of grandson "T" playing his acoustic guitar. There is another pix of my newest acquisition, an entirely hand-made folding knife with a 3" long, genuine Damascus (270+ layers high quality steel) razor sharp, blade and a shiny, black buffalo bone handle with brass bolster. It is arguably a work of art. It is my every day carry knife now.

No one should care about our weather but me, yet it is so spring-like I am compelled to speak of it. At 11:30 AM we have a temp of 69°F. / 21° 🚰 C. In other words, it is a simply gorgeous spring day. The weather was almost as nice yesterday. I kept my window bedroom window open all night. Alas, no lovely young ladies took the hint and climbed up.

Speaking of the ladies, and I just did. I go shopping once a month for essentials. For some reason, every month at least one or sometimes two ladies always offer to help me with my groaning shopping cart(s). I wonder, do I look helpless or hopeless or both? They are always very sweet. Yet I feel uncomfortable particularly if they seem much younger than I.

After all, I can still press reasonably heavy weights and walk 5 miles without breaking a sweat. Thankfully, no girl scouts have offered to walk me across a busy intersection. I'd likely punch the little blighter right in the cute little nose... OK, I'd do that unless they were bigger than I am. LeRoy is laughing and agreeing.

I dunno, the ladies want to help and maybe I am missing something here? It literally happens every time I go shopping. It never used to happen when my late wife and I went shopping together.... Maybe she scared them off? Nah! She'd probably have begged them to leave the cart and please take me off her hands. winkngrin


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019