Folks:

Dux,

Not at all Old Chap. Actually I like to test any new bottles of spirits on you first. If you take a swig and go blotto I know better than to ever touch that particular stuff myself. We used to pass those on to LeRoy but he took to disappearing for days at a time afterward so he is now on a strict lite beer regime. bottles

As usual you are far too modest. While it is strictly true that you never flew THAT P39 you well know that you found the engine and the door and were fully checked out in another one. Wasn't I PV1 who assured you that it was best flown in combat at higher altitudes? Fortunately that one did not have a very slippery brand of engine oil applied to the seat and flight controls.

By the way, the P39 you never flew also turned out to be minus a few crucial skin rivets, engine nuts and bolts. When it was flown again the engine and drive shaft drove itself right through the cockpit and out the nose. Needless to say, there not being enough room for both engine and pilot in the cockpit made things a bit sticky for said pilot on take-off. Lucky you passed on that one mate. Although it would have been a lovely HWH wake I'm thinking.

Yes, I missed that long anticipated booze-up due to being, shall we say, somewhat indisposed. Fortunately I recovered within the fortnight period before the winter solstice when the local Druids hold their own well lubricated fertility celebration. That event beginning at sunrise on Dec. 22 and lasting until the last son sets and cannot rise again.

The Druids (male and female) must be a hardy bunch for they seem to be able both to hold their liquor and dance all night in the frigid December air without benefit of cloth, skins or fur. There must be some kinda anti-freeze in the grog. After a few sips I felt no pain either.

I know you'd have been there too if some scoundrel hadn't provided you with alternate directions to the happy affair. Is it true then that you actually delivered yourself stripped and armed with nothing but a sprig of holly and an empty gallon-sized flagon to the Vicar's Annual Sunrise Celebration, Kipper Fry-up and Christmas Social Breakfast?

I understand that, as of next year, by Church of England edict 501 the annual event will no longer be advertised as "Come As You Are". yep


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019