Folks,

Fall days are fine but the cool fall nights are absolutely great. At least they are in my opinion. Summer nights are uncomfortably hot and humid. Winter nights used to be great too. But my friends, today sleeping alone on a cold winter's night leaves a lot to be desired. So forgive me please if I extol the virtues of fall. The window was open all night last night and our low for the night was 53°F. I'll likely close that as soon as I wake with a crust of frost on the covers.

At 9:45 AM this Friday, with the full sun smiling down on me, is still only 54°F. The humidity is a drier 79%. Where was all this cool last July when I needed it so much? For that matter, why does the sun only shine in the daytime when we need it most at night? It's a mystery. Next, we will enjoy that annual phenomenon of nature, the gorgeous fall kaleidoscope of color in our deciduous forests and woods. I wonder how many poor, jaded folks will just hurry by with nothing but worry on their cluttered minds who won't even notice? Everything worth a look is not on our TV, computer, or cell phone. That's just my humble opinion. I never can remember, does all this make me cold-natured or hot-natured?

Wasn't it nice to have Old Dux drop by? OK, LeRoy, maybe he did not settle his mess bill or repair the bed he and Olga broke New Year's Eve but it was awful nice to see the old boy in such good shape and such good humor.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019