OG; A very nice transmission system you have in that Maser. I have to make do with a conventional manual stick transmission. With the anaemic engine in my car I get to use the stick shifter a lot. The turbo only kicks in at about 2.000 rpm but the 1 litre engine doesn't have a lot of torque. Sometimes I thin a Ford F-150 might be more fun.
Roger; Danica, or Panica Datrick as I like to call her, did in fact win one IndyCar race some years ago at Motegi in Japan, but in general I would agree that her record sheet is a bit underwhelming.
The powers that be in F1 could do worse than to take a gander at the current IndyCars. They are spec'ed with stock wings and floor to generate downforce from the floor of the car rather than the origami-like wings found in current Formula 1. This design philosophy promotes closer racing and imo racing more watchable than F1. The problem for F1 in that instance is that F1 is not a spec racing class but about which constructor builds the fastest car. The very refined aerodynamics of the wings tend to spoil the airflow coming off a car so that following cars lose their downforce when following another car too closely.
I never was a boy scout but certainly many virtues of the scouts are to be lauded. On my older ister's side of the family there are quite a few who have been with the movement.