First, let me thank you for reading my stories. Thank you also for going to the trouble of typing that delightful and lengthy piece as well.
Such is your skill at flying and writing I should not have been at all surprised if you had penned that yourself after a sortie. A very good read with some important lessons to be learnt as Old Dux shrewdly points out.
Perhaps we here are truly redundant? There seems to be a lifetime of reading matter, stories from true, first hand accounts of real fighting in the air on the internet for all to read.
Speaking of you Old Dux:
Yes, indeed, writing that bit brought back memories of a better story by someone near and dear to yourself, do you remember a wonderfully chilling story titled "Ghost Squadron"? I certainly do. I recommend that all you chaps look that one up in the "HWH" archives. Read "Ghost Squadron" again Halloween night and prepare to S H I V E R!!
Arch:
You apparently read the whole lot in just one go! What powers of concentration you must have that enable you to hang on that long.
Thank you friend Arch. You are always there to lift my spirits, always there with a kind word to encourage, always there with standards so incredibly low in literature that even I can hope to somehow to reach them. For this and so much more I sincerely do thank you.
Canuck51:
Who knew Canadians were such gluttons for punishment by the written word? This is a pleasant first for me. No one has ever had the intestinal fortitude to ask for a second helping of one of my miserable stories.
Why? Perhaps you folks are simply distraught about Robling's missing her publisher's due date with the new Harry Potter book, and therefore you require something VERY light to take the edge off your understandable disappointment?
I am amazed at these requests. Could it be because of Halloween? Something completely in jest like this often happens to me around April Fool's Day instead. Could it be April Fool's Day already? I did bump my head on that empty beer barrell last night. Perhaps I should consult the calendar? Now what happened to Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, Groundhog Day and Christmas?
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Canuck51, do you remember the time you wanted a pet Gorilla for your birthday (or was it Miss September?)and your mom held your tiny hand, looked wise beyond her years and whispered into your pinkish little ear, " Always be careful little Canuck of what you ask for"? Do you remember that?
You may shortly discover why that was such good advice.
------------------ "Blessed are they who expect nothing. For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"