Folks,

Fittop:

LOL. You say the Cubs, and I mean the Chicago Cubs DID win the Series, and I mean the WORLD series.....? I thought that was a terrible, sadistic lie. There is no possible way. I have been to Chicago many, many times so I told myself when I heard about it that simply could not be.

If true, there would not be a sober man, woman, child or family dog, regardless of the club they personally rooted for, to be found in the entire state of Illinois. And I include members of the losing baseball team as well. All things in Chicago would have staggered to a complete stop. The ramifications of such a nearly universal boozeup would have been profound for the whole nation. Especially for the distillers and brewers across the country. No reports of any such ramifications have come to me. I simply must know, are you absolutely certain?

While our friend Fittop, to the delight of the family dog, sloshes out several pints of homemade eggnog as he staggers away to ask his teetotaling significant other if she will indeed verify that the Cubs big win was not a delusional episode brought on by too much rum laced eggnog or some other highly proofed libation, I will take this fortunate opportunity to, once again, wish for you all a most enjoyable and happy holiday celebration.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019