The sun has put up an effort today and burned through the overcast around 11;00 AM. It'll warm into the low 60's F. today, mid 60's tomorrow then colder for a bit.
Dux:
Marvellously lucky I'd say. "T" has started his guitar collection. He has 3 acoustic and one electric. He's picking right along too. I admit prejudice but I think he is doing well. No doubt due to the obvious fact he truly loves playing. That jam he goes to each Thursday night, the one with older musicians is having a good effect.
Their demands are reasonable but high. He learns something new every week. There are several retired professionals that attend that have taken a liking to him and seem to really enjoy helping the boy. He does not have his Les Paul or Martin D28 yet but many of the guys at the jam do have expensive Martins and they let him play.
One day he'll own a Taylor Builder's Edition V Class, and a Fender CD 60S all Mahogany, maybe a Gibson Hummingbird... or so he says anyway. Oh, and an Ibanez AC240,must not forget that. It's a dream of course but he's young. When you're his age dreams still come true. When you're my age its the nightmares that do.
The Ventures were favorites with us naturally. However, I well remember the day you introduced me to the Shadows whom I had never even heard of. So many of their hits like "Apache" are now on my playlist. Remember "Telstar? That was a big 1962 Tornados hit covered by the Ventures (and later by us) that put them on the charts too (but somehow not us).
I have the Tornados' and Venture's recordings of "Telstar"plus the Shadow's version as well. "Telstar" is a particular favorite of mine for several reasons all the way back to my 60's High School days.
I have my email sorted by using a VPN so pretty please send me an MP3 of you guys playing. I have seen a video of C51 and his group playing in Toronto but never anything other than a few pix of you playing. No rush mate, just at your earliest possible inconvenience.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019