Folks,

File this one under:
Cough! Hack! Sneeze! Wheeze, whistle, Hack, etc.

According to my quack I should be relieved to know that I no longer am suffering from a filthy low-class virus. No indeed, now I have moved uptown with laryngitis and bronchitis. That's a misnomer if you ask me 'cause I simply can't say the word 'bronchitis' and cough at the same time.

Here is more great news. This stuff is less dangerous but harder to cure than pneumonia. Am I being encouraged to sleep with my feet out the window to contract the easier to cure stuff here? I told the quack that was what it sounded like and that it was not my job to present him with just the easy to cure stuff.

Muttering to himself he poured over his medical journals and several thick text books for over twenty minutes, then holding his place with a long finger tucked into one of the larger books he popped right over to his big stash of drugs where he opened several colorful bottles and chose something from just one. He came back whistling with something rattling in a small paper cup and with a satisfied grin on his puss. From the looks of him, I thought he'd found a cure for cancer. Nope, he gave me two aspirin. :rolleyes:

I still have a low grade fever (seems I can't afford a high grade one) with lotsa coughing and except for the early morning time my mouth tastes like something disgusting usually found encrusting the bottom of a well used garbage can and I feel like I just went 15 one-sided rounds with Olga.

In spite of all this fun I'm having, I've been up and around some today. I cranked up the computer and honestly tried to do some rush work for OSRAM's Birmingham trip but frankly filled with cough syrup and pills I just couldn't get my mind around it before he dropped me another (disgusted?) e-mail that he no longer needed it. Dreadfully sorry OSRAM.

C51:
That cold air we're enjoying is coming down from Canada. We'll have temps in the mid 30's F. tonight. I'll open all the windows in the bedroom tonight and we'll pour lotsa water on the floor. Tomorrow morning we can go ice skating. Thanks a bunch!

Irish Whiskey? Hmmmmm. Single malt cough syrup?Sounds like you have a much better doctor than I do Sport. How did you ever finagle a prescription for that? I suppose it is like the 100 proof Wild Turkey I drink now and then for medicinal purposes. It doesn't cure you but if you drink enough of the stuff you don't mind so much being sick. ;\)

Lady "M":

Thank you kindly for your concerned e-mail. I'll be responding to that very soon. Thanks for the birthday gift pic too. You have every right to feel proud of that car and C51 too. I on the other hand must remember never to show that photo to "She who must not be named" because in my present weakened condition I simply couldn't take all the jealous screaming. \:D

SNAFU:

Fly a weather balloon? \:\)

Well you could always join the Royal Navy......you already have water and a boat. ;\)


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019