Folks,

Today is truly a "Sun" Day. Though Ol' Sol seems a bit anemic this morning. We had a chilly night and tonight promises to be downright cold. It is about time for that and no one have I heard complaining. Current Temp at 10 AM is 48° F./ 9° C. headed upward to the low 60's as the high for today. Much warmer here than in Wisconsin where family members have been visiting. They got a pile of snow. If I hadn't gone to college in Michigan, this southern lad couldn't even imagine snow falling in October.

Reports from the weather ouija board crowd indicate we are in for more snow than usual this year. Of course we have years with no snow at all. So that might mean just an inch or two. wink I like snow. At least I like the first few days of it. After that and the muddy mess after it melts, not so much. At least we are not subjected to those ugly growing piles of soot and dirt encrusted mountains of old snow you see rising in parking lots etc. in our northern states all winter long. ☃️

I am pleased to read that you had no manhole covers blown off in your area of the "Lone Star" state Fittop. If hurricanes could somehow shiver their destructive way upon us in icy, cold weather, just imagine the snowfall they would bring. It might be measured in yards, not inches. ❄️

No danger in that happening. Like cow pies raining from the sky if cows could fly, I suppose we are all mighty thankful that can't happen too. 🐄 Colder weather in fall reminds us that Christmas is coming nearer, so that is a good thing. Or maybe not everyone feels that way about the coming of that holly day?

Maybe a cranky squirrel just awakened from hibernation by being hit with a fistfull of tensilel (do folks still use that stuff?) jumped on you from inside your Christmas tree and bit you on the... er... the nose or something? That could change your view on the season.

If you receive a large quantity of coal and switches in your sock every Christmas Eve that could do it too.

Could be your best girl threw you over for a big box store Santa two days before your wedding day on on Christmas Eve. I think that would affect your view of Christmas. If so, I wish you better luck this year.

If any of that happened to you, here are some helpful hints:

Shake your tree before bringing it inside and stay away from angry critters.
Do something nice for a stranger.
Be far more careful in vetting your next five or six fiances. No, LeRoy, not THAT kind of vetting. They wouldn't likely all be dogs.

Perhaps then you'll enjoy the holly day season once more, eh? I hope so. 🎅🏼


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019