Folks,

Old Dux:

Thanks for the thoughtful reminder. Mr. Drudge is not always infallible yet he is often right with his "scoops". Rest assured we stopped cooking the dressing inside the turkey several years ago after the whole household came down with food poisoning. Of coarse that was before I started burning our Christmas turkey to a crisp which fortunately always destroys the nasty bacteria.... unfortunately it also wipes out about everything else as well.

Sitting out there bent double in the frost rimed two-holer wishing I was dead, I vowed never again to stuff a turkey with candied dates or anything else I planned to eat. Cooking the stuffing inside the bird just isn't always safe no matter how carefully you monitor your internal temperature. Hmmmm. Perhaps I have finally put a digit on the cause of the problem at last. My internal temperature was always 98.6F. Perhaps it was the bird's internal temperature I was supposed to monitor? I hope so because that meat thermometer was really uncomfortable.

We cook the stuffing separately now days and consequently have had no further difficulties with long lines of ailing family members crouched in agony outside our toilets.



------------------
"Blessed are they who expect nothing.
For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"