It has always intrigued me how much alike those who come here to stay any length of time have been. A local art critic once perused my work in oils and watercolor. He also suggested I should be hung. 🎨 🖼️ 😝
I've done some flying in heavies but always from a passenger seat. I once flew side by side cross country on a business trip with a female colleague. She confided in me that she was a first time flier. As we began the takeoff she grasped onto my arm. When we rotated her long nails were biting into my arm so deep I actually looked for blood. There was none but I still had deep marks on my arm when we landed.
Yes, she had similar problems on landing and I wished we might trade places so she could attach her considerable claws onto the other arm. Thank goodness there was little turbulence during the flight. I made a mental note to be sure to wear chainmail if we were on the same flight going home.
I once figured I had about 2000 hours flying my computer but I haven't thought about it since. Good lord, that's 83.33 days. Almost 3 months! I must have slept some time so I guess it surely couldn't have been continuous....
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019