Genta

A few sunrays have graced us with their presence yesterday and today. I ventured out on the bike for a but very cold ride.. It takes 20 minutes to dress for it, 20 minutes to get out of the gear afterwards, and a couple hours to get warm again. Then I went to a meeting with the bank in the afternoon. The bank wined and dined me and approx. 20 others while explaining a few bad decisions and a scandal concerning whitewash of money in a Latvian branch of same bank. The representatives from the bank were all beautiful young women with whom you couldn't possibly be cross, certainly I couldn't. The rot is elsewhere.

A friend of mine and his girlfriend had a daughter born to them yesterday at 07.09. There are some complications as the child seems to have some lung issues. I hope the little girl recovers quickly so her parents can stop worrying. When I mention stop worrying, I think someone once mentioned that parenthood is defined by constant worrying about your children, so I guess one worry will replace the other.

I do know of the phenomenon you describe Roger. I find that as time goes on I relate more and more to the adults I knew when I was a child. I find I have a greater understanding of why they were the way they were. At the time I had a child's perspective and now I'm able to appreciate the adult perspective because I find that I'm more and more turning into those elderly folks.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop