Hello Chaps,

While taking brief respite from fishing I decided to make a start on a friend's model aircraft kit. This is quite an old Revell kit of a B Ae Hawk T1A trainer kite which was bought for him on his birthday quite some time ago. 1/72 can be fiddly enough and I am sure the polystrene cement has somehow advanced with age because it melted the delicate undercarrige structure causing it to bend as it softened. A good strong u/c was would have been much more preferable.

Aaaah, I just had a flashback from the good old days when Olga came down to Studely Grange in the good old Snud 14 piloted by Colonel Bowelski...remember? Talk about undercarriage strength! He pulled off the heaviest landing since Olga's parachute failed to open over Salisbury Plain. After we dug her out and plied her with a quart bottle of Rasputins Ruin Premium Strength Vodka...which must have lasted all of 15 seconds, she demanded to to be taken to the 'Startled Druid' hostelry where she spent all of her roubles on drinks for her kindly rescuers.

Much later that evening I definitely saw her carrying the apparently limp form of JRT over her beefy shouders and into a nearby vacant cottage of the chocolate box type with roses around the door and hollyhocks stretching up to the lead-framed bedroom window where he spent the next three days in his own private hell as Olga instructed him in a whole cornucopia of bedroom olympics as practised in those far off days in the Palace of the Romanovs.

Anyway...to continue...In exasperation and frustration I decided to finish the kit with undercarriage in the up position which will require a stand of some sort.


'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------