Funny, some Double Click ads are running but some do not so it can't be my security setting. In my case the ad in the center at the bottom is not loading. Though the ad shows as a blank white rectangle I do not get a popup when I first land here. The popup arrives and stays after I send my first post. Odd.
I also notice the treble click phenomenon now and then in IE or on my Windows XP desktop plus occasional transposed letters. I suspect an aging CPU with dyslexic tendencies that cannot keep up with my blazing fast two-fingered typing speed..... or, and this may seem as wildly unlikely to you as it does to moi,it might be me.
I have experimented with the mouse setup in the control panel or Tweak UI and it always seems to be working just fine. Perhaps hidden things (like my anti virus) running deep in the background are taking up too many CPU cycles and clicks or even key presses are lagged or just missed or maybe our mice are aging? It seems to me that even with a small sample of three (75% of our regular 4 posters) this indicates the treble mouse click problem may be wide spread.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019