Old Al wrote many best sellers as I recall. "What, me worry" was his best seller. Have you read: "A great plenty" by E. Nuff "A stitch in time" by Justin Case "All alone" by Saul E. Terry You must have read, "Acrophobia" by Alfredo Heights
Like you, I had been devoted to R&R. Diring my teens playing in my cousin's band I had little experience with jazz. That came later.
Even today most of my playlist reflects a continued enjoyment of that genre. However sprinkled in there are quite a few non R&R tunes including jazz and even classical.
There was a recent time when my entire playlist was classical.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019