Yes Dux, such prose, as well as loud action scenes strung together in an incoherent tale sadly seems to be more the norm than the exception these days.
Another small thing I noticed Gents, about the clip called The German; the gunshots didn't sound real. Too much Oompfh, like all sounds in modern movies; shut a door and it sounds like an explosion.
Now, in conclusion, I would like to relate a very stunning example of clever use of CGI:
I recently watched a film about the Dambusters, and I lost my lower jaw, which hit the floor with that kind of Oompfh just described, when the well known, black-and-white photograph of Guy Gibson and his crew preparing to climb into their aircraft, suddenly turned into colour and started into a small movie clip of Gibson actually turning away from the camera and climbing the last step of the ladder on his way into the fuselage.
Such a movie clip from the real event of course never existed and consequently it must have been generated artificially in a computer, but as I noted, it really caused my jaw to drop. Very spooky indeed.