Folks,

Dux:

As the unscathed survivor of an old west gunfight is reported to have quipped, "It is so nice to be missed". Fear not, I am only suffering from emotional stress and lack of sleep. I'll be as right as rain in a few days.

We have been dealing with the loss of two young people dear to us needlessly killed in a tragic motorcycle accident a week ago. They left behind 2 small children and a teenager. The service was yesterday and all week we have been dealing with this tragedy in one way or another. For one thing we have been creating the memorial videos to be shown during the service and that was a lengthy process fraught with several setbacks including a nasty but recoverable program crash.

All went well in the end yesterday. The church was packed and it was a beautiful service. My son wrote and spoke the eulogy. How he did that without totally breaking up I do not know. I have seldom been more proud of him. Frankly, I had planned to sleep until noon today but found I could not. I came in here a few minutes ago and checked my e-mail. As usual your screenshots are action packed and so well done. I have difficulty getting as much action in mine.

For some reason it has bothered me that at times the fire from a burning kite seems to be behind it somewhat like an after burner rather than encompassing the whole craft or emanating directly from the engine. Clearly the 109 in these photos appears that way. We don't know where the fire begins I guess and traveling at such speed the flames would indeed trail out behind the burning plane for some distance. If that has been explained I missed it. Fire itself in BoB has always been well modeled.

We are used to seeing our opponents and occasionally our own pilots take to their chutes in BoB. You see this quite often in IL2-'46 as well. Oddly enough I do not think I have ever seen an open chute in Strike Fighters 1 in any of the campaigns I am running.

--YAWN-- Pardon me, I can do nothing but yawn it seems. No, I am not bored, just sleep deprived. I understand that is cumulative. Maybe I'll try one more time to get more sleep.

Boney Voyagee my friend. Have a great trip and a safe return. I will see if I can safely notify Olga that C51 is available to comfort her in your absence. Fear not, you will be miles away before I do that and I plan to be miles away by the time C51 gets the sad news from Olga. wink


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019