Do you know anything about the Controllers GUI setting for Placing Objects. For a start, it has to be - set View zoom=mousetrack. I can't find it in the BoB Text file although I found and altered the Force_Windowed_Mode=ON and the Object_Placement_Mode=ON.
This alters the screen size to half, BTW. Also when running the game in the resultant reduced screen mode (something I wouldn't be bothered about when placing objects) the keyboard Radio R works but the Tower 5 and Vector 2 keys for example don't work. I am assuming that when I put the above Modes back to OFF, the screen and keys will return to normal.
This is just for experimentation. Just how much more has been done since 2:11 won't be evident to those of us waiting in the wings. So, it's pointless making an attempt on new areas that may now have been completed and included in 2:12.
'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'