Folks,

SNAFU:

All the people north of Virginia live in great big houses; don't you know that? My Great Grandmother told me so when I was 3. She said the er...something...Yankees were all rich, famous and mean to the bone. She said they often come down here to steal innocent children and little kittens and doggies and then they sell them up north for stacks of greenbacks to build those great, big mansions. Shame on you SNAFU. Shame on all you Yankees. ;\)

Barn-size was but a figure of speech Old Fellow. Cavern-like might be more to your liking? Still it is probably not larger than the castle Dux roller skates around in. As for me, I love my humble country cottage. I did not steal a single dog, cat or kiddie to build it either. Rotten Yankee scum. Ooops! Pardon me. This is a flame-free zone. I got completely carried away there. Never drink alcoholic beverages on an empty stomach.

Fear not brother SNAFU, I definitely do know better. No one paid any attention to Grandma after the pink elephant incident anyway. She was known to exaggerate most things and to take a nip now and then. After taking a nip she'd exaggerate her previous exaggerations. Born before the un-Civil war was over she was a lovely old woman with silver hair tied into a perfect bun. I remember her in gingham dresses and always with a freshly starched apron. She could mesmerize a young boy with some fascinating stories of long ago days that are gone forever. Yes, dare he say it? Yes he do dare...gone with the wind.

Now regarding C51's more recent smoke induced hallucinations. The dear Canadian lad seems to be in dire need of another one of those inexpensive shock treatments down at the Toronto mental health clinic. They stand you in a tub of water and stick your index finger in a electric socket or something.

C51's not crazy, at least I don't think he meets the clinical requirement for crazy. He needs the treatment just to get his imagination under control and his brain focused more upon reality. Wait, I hear Dux screaming something. Quite right, I could benefit from one of those treatments myself. Come with us Dux and SNAFU you come too, perhaps we can get a group rate?

Speaking of our imminently likable Canadian, C51 I can certainly commiserate with you regarding your losing battle with the joystick mfg. Go out and buy another brand..that'll teach the bastids! Of coarse that one will probably break within the week and you'll be back to square one.

Stuck in the same deep rut as you are and getting nowhere fast I once told a big fib. OK Dux I've done that much more than once but for the purpose of this round about story humor me. The fib I told was that my son was a technical writer for the largest newspaper in the state and I named the paper. I told the chap who had so far been ignoring all my pleas for help that my son's primary purpose in life was to seek out and expose shoddy goods and piss-poor customer service. Suddenly the customer service instantly improved and I got what I wanted.

Customers will accept shoddy goods every inconvenience, even errors and failure to help them as long as they believe you are honestly trying to do your best to help them. What they will NEVER accept and what causes them to run screaming to your competitor or the better business bureau is perceived indifference to their complaints. Yes I said 'perceived' because in all relations with others we must deal with perception rather than reality and they are far too often different. Customer service is one of my pet peeves. I guess you've figured that out by now? Good luck C51 and merry Christmas everyone.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019