Folks,

My painfully afflicted friends,

If misery loves company, here am I to help out.

I must say that it is a delightful revelation to find that we southern boys in the USA have not cornered the market on either gluttony or drinking to excess. I see that I am indeed amongst an international fraternity of like-minded friends here. LOL! Dux, would you kindly either open a window or put one of those discarded wine corks where it will do the most good and give the rest of us some much needed relief?

We are to the point now that our turkey has taken on the rather stark appearance of a good veterinary X-ray. Not much usable flesh left on the bones. We have had turkey sandwiches, turkey salad, turkey hash, and turkey surprise but, unlike some who will do anything not to waste even a smidgen of meat, I draw the line at actually putting it on my cornflakes. The spiral cut Smithfield ham is looking more than a bit thin as well but there will be more than enough for my lunch today. We are down to half a pecan pie and a quarter of a pineapple cake. Like you Dux, I swallowed way too much gas producing foods this season and everyone within several blocks and down wind of me paid the ultimate price. Though our temps have been up around 60 F./16 C. windows have been slamming shut all over. In the interest of public health and due entirely to my foul imminations I was once again forbidden to ride the Lizard Lick Used Tire, Beauty Shoppe and Department Store's elevator (lift) until fully cleared as free of gas by a qualified physician. Dux don't you find that the nasally sensitive can be so cruel at times?

C51 tells me he has had a great holiday season far away from students and school. After reading the above post, I have to ask myself how he can possibly remember. ;\)

It is my sincere hope that old Santa was good to you fellows and to all our regular readers. OK, and good to all our readers who happen to find themselves a bit irregular after the holiday feast, as well. We wish you all the happiest and most prosperous of New Year's.



Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019