Folks,

Phew! I don't know how you felt about it my friends. Encountering that most unexpected splash screen instead of our beloved SimHq and HWH forum was surprising for me. It reminds us how important this site has become to us these 11 years, eh?

By the time I had managed to send out inquiries to those whom I knew would be "in the know" and get a response, as would be expected, all is good again. It was a minor blip promptly fixed but, yet after this weekend, I don't need any more surprises. wink

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly Jens. I should write to you more often my friend. The replies are always interesting and enjoyable. I notice you are colder and more windy there then here today. After many overcast days we have had full sun all day. It is however getting colder and we expect our first frost of the season tomorrow night. Another smaller Nor'easter is expected to follow Sandy's route later this week. Impacts in the north where they are still struggling with the aftermath of the superstorm will not be welcome.

Dux:

Yes, I do remember that very day. We 3 quick marched side by side down the hall. C51 was singing a happy tune as we came upon the music room at the end of the hallway. We stopped, he peered inside, saw Olga playing, and, as we pulled him away toward safety, he made that most unfortunate remark.

C51's thoughtless remark immediately registered on Olga's bright red face even though her ample cheeks were puffed out and her piggish little eyes were tightly shut during the final breath taking bars of "Holiday for Strings". We took our hands off him and we scattered in all save one of the cardinal directions. Thus leaving the unfortunate C51 to deal with his unfortunate error. After that moment all I can recall was hearing a lot of cries for mercy and screams for help receding into the increasing distance.

It is worth noting perhaps that when C51 stumbled back to HWH Hall several days later he was certainly singing a different tune. To this day just the sight of a tuba causes him to look for an exit and break out in a cold sweat.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019