I just had to make the effort to drop in and join the celebration in honour of our longlived thread. Cause for a party if I ever heard one. What? I missed the party? Damn! that isn't the first time that my considerate squadron mates have consumed the last drop of rotgut without leaving me with as much as a sniff. Fortunately I have a bottle of the finest Bushmills locked safely in my.... Damn! which one of you worked out the combination to that lock? perhaps I shouldn't have left the numerals written on the back. Oh well, serves me right for being late.
And my vote still stands for VC for JRT.
Old Dux, I indeed concede defeat on the rare ticks contest. Your sightings are quite impressive. I just received word of a Burrowing Owl on Pelee Island, the southern most point of Canada. This is endangered even in its habitat of the western Prairies. In Ontario it is a definite CMF. Sadly I don't have the time to go see it, so your status will remain unchallenged.
Thank goodness JRT, we both adorn beards - me to cover an unsightly landscape and you to catch the crumbs. But in either case the aftershave will not affect us. Olga obviously intended for a someone else. But for whom????
"you know you've done a wheels up landing when it takes full power to taxi."