Happy birthday Bader. I suppose it is now legal for you to take a trip to the local pub for a pop or two.
For me, each year the same thoughts " How the hell did I get here? It seems like only a few days ago my friends and I were chasing each other around the school playground". Now my kids are chasing me around the same playground.
For gods sake I havent even decided what to be when I grow up.
Mad, First of the few to fall was a fine romp over the channel. Your luck is certainly holding up what with a few of those 110's blowing each other out of the sky and you making it down in one piece. Well done.
Guilty ride along underscores the survivors guilt of those not killed in battle. Whether one of the participants in a fight or someone lucky enough to be merely an observer from a safe distance the loss of life in war is sheer tragedy by any definition. Thanks for sharing that piece.
And thank you for providing us battle hardened HWH squadron veterans with a few new tales of heroic flying in the Battle of Britain. It has been sorely missed here.
JR2, are ya goin somewhere ole boy? We still have money in the meter. Besides your Spitfire is once again in the repair hanger with major wing damage. :p