I have been neglecting contributing for a while. Nothing much to say recently. I am just depressed with the world situation. I won’t bore you with a rundown of all the bad things; I’m sure you are all staring at them too.
On a happier note. I just finished my annual. This was a concern for me since there was a notice put out for owners of my airplane to check their wing carry-through spar and wing bolts. There was an issue with some Cessna 210’s having corrosion there and the 177 uses the same system as the 210. This worried me because with these older out of production aircraft parts is always an issue. And even if you could get the parts, the work involved in removing the wings to replace the spar would have been cost prohibitive. The check was not mandatory but recommended. Being the total care fanatic on the airplane that I am, I decided to do the check. This could mean the end of the planes flying.
Required removing a lot of interior panels and such and the plastic being so old I knew some would break. So I ordered some of the ones I figured would break. Fortunately everything was perfect. No corrosion and looked factory new. We cleaned and sprayed with Corrosion-X. The rest of the annual was good and with some new interior parts and a little TLC to the old stuff, my interior looks marvelous.
I’ve been doing a good bit of shooting. Helping some new people get started and selecting their first firearm purchase. My, my, my the cost of ammo has tripled. Several factors coming together to cause that. For my usual fun trips I am now shooting 22 cal since it is much more cost effective.
I was nominated to be President of our local chapter of EAA, but turned it down since I just wouldn’t be fully committed to doing it. I am either all in or not.
The weather here is wonderful cool mornings and high of 84 F during the day. Will be better as the day high will start falling into the 70’s. Having the convertibles makes this weather even better.
Getting old and starting to suffer with all the little issues of aging. But fortunately still in good health. Hope all of you are in good health. Really pulling for Rogers health to improve.
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.