Folks,

Yesterday was warm and wet and having waited a bit today is something entirely different. No, LeRoy, it isn't wet and warm, that's not completely different. Ask any Python. Today we have sunny and cold. It is just 41°F. at 9:45 under full sun. OK, this isn't Florida or California, It is NORTH Carolina so it is probably time for it. There is a 6 MPH breeze lowering the windchill factor. So it feels like 37°F. We expect a high temp today in the 60s. After the hot summer we had and the warm September it is a tad hard to say the chilly word Brrrrrr just yet. I managed to say it with gusto this morning.

Yes, I know you hearty folks up in Igloo country in Canada think 41° or 37° or even 5°C. is a welcome occasion for the wearing of Hawaiian shirts and your briefest shorts. OG, it is so nice to hear from you. If I still had my old pool it might soon have a crust of ice in it and I'd have to get out the ancient ice pick to go for a dip. Do people still have ice picks? With electric ice makers and ice crushers, what do they use them for? Yes, LeRoy, the ice pick was supposed to be a favorite tool of the Mafia. I think they used them for something other than what they were designed for, however.

Dux:

I see that Wales by the sea is in the news. Have you seen any curly octopi on your beach this week? No, pink elephants, though they may seem unusual, in your case, do not count. I understand quite a few of the tentacled creatures have been recently seen on Welsh and Devon beaches. That is said to be unusual. Maybe they are evolving into land creatures? Probably not, but there must be a reason for it. Perhaps a lost California Grunion told them it was well worth trying?


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019