JRT,

Please convey my New Years compliments to C51. Is that a plastic display model or will it be flown? Either way, I hope it turns out to be a satisfactory project. yep

As I type this, a programme about Albert Goering, the brother of Hermann, is being churned out behind me. Despite the former's record of giving assistance to Jews, he was charged at Nuremberg, not so much because of any evidence of war crimes but because of his association with his high ranking brother, I suspect. They continue to try and nail him but I don't know if I can hold out to the end because I am halfway through a bottle of Bordeaux. Perhaps you are aware of his fate?

Good show over the Channel - even if it was for an unfamiliar side.

We were never short of fighters. In fact, we lost more aircraft of all types to accidents than to enemy action throughout 1940. Experienced pilots controlled the balance. To kill one was worth quite a number of fighters and at the critical stage we were losing that experience faster than new pilots could gain it..


'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------