Have fun but do be careful in the pubs and watering holes for even those Welsh addlepated by consuming strong beverages for years may be expected to recognize you and to therefore remember various real of perceived past transgressions.
As for that unique man against beast marathon celebration; I have it on very good authority from none other than Olga herself (who would certainly know, and yes, I do have photos to prove it)that if any Englishman could successfully compete in any way with either a horse or a Welshman it would surly be you.
Speaking of the hardy Welsh; I have previously posted on this forum a question about an artifact that I have in my possession. I think I posed that question here back in 2002 and having waited what I consider to be a reasonable time for a reply, perhaps it is time I posed the question again?
Back in the 50's (yes, the 1950's Dux) I spied something shiny laying in the rode. I stopped my bicycle and got off to pick it up. The item was a 3 1/4" x 4" silvery metal shield with a crest. It appeared to be a decorative or ceremonial item of some sort complete with a chain for hanging it about the neck perhaps. There was a motto engraved upon the shield in what to me was an unknown language. It wasn't English and it was not Latin, not even Pig Latin. I took it home where, to my dismay, it mystified everyone who saw it.
The thing has been tucked away in a drawer for years. I dug it out yesterday and I have scanned it for your perusal in hopes you might de-mystify it. Maybe the thing figures in some way in a dark and creepy Celtic/Druidic ceremony? Or maybe it was a prize in a very large box of Cracker Jacks? I give up. What say you gentlemen?
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019