Ha! Me thinks it matters very little to the unlucky pilot if his tail be shot off at 'random' or otherwise.
Check the setup and you may be able to adjust the strength or accuracy of Archie all the way from 'legally blind' to 'you'll be sorry'. I do that with IL2 using MM6 by setting it to high. This fills the sky with loud Karumps! and angry, black flowers floating about. Yet I have only been shot down by it once. I have not seen any enemy plane shot down by AA in IL2-46 at all.
Smitten by your screenshots; I watched another RoF video on YouTube yesterday. A Dr1 was right on the tattered tail of a Camel. It seemed to take an inordinate number of hits to down the Camel even at close range when many hits were clearly being made. I'd say the damage model in RoF is excellent from what I've seen previously but that seemed to take a long time.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019