With pals like you and SNAFU I could become a causality of this war entirely without the help of the Germans.
North Africa.... and me with this horrible allergy to the Dung Beetle. How kind it was of you to speak up for me when the subject of over seas postings came up. Now where did I put that Arabic dictionary? Well, no time to search for it now, I'd best get right over to the post infirmary and line up for all those delightful shots in my bum.
I can see the thought of that pains you. Do not be concerned, I won't need directions to the infirmary, since meeting Olga and her friends the docs and I are old friends whom I have the good fortune to visit often. For this reason, I'd know the way there blindfolded. Same destination really , slightly different lineup.
I'll be flying the P-40 Warhawk, eh. Wow, how lucky can you get? I wonder if they will let me paint a shark mouth on mine like Cennault's boys in China? Speaking of which, do you know that for some reason, every time I see one of those shark mouthed P-40's in the newsreels I think of Olga and what I saw soaking in that bucket of water she always kept by her bedside.
The mighty, Warhawk will be a wonderful change of pace from the spirited Spitfire, will it not? How can I ever find mere words that are vile enough, pardon me, I mean powerful enough to convey to you my sincere thanks for this amazing wartime opportunity?
I hear the Afrika Corps are getting the new F model 109s out there soon. How exciting it will be to go up against the "Star of Afrika" in a sassy old P-40. Forget S.O.P., I'll keep one hand on the stick and the other on my rip cord, thank you.
I cannot remember being this excited since I glimpsed Olga's simi nude silhouette (she still had on her size 14 brogans) as she sudsed up under those rough mechanical rollers in the motor pool's automated lorry laundry. They never did get that thing to run properly again, did they?
Well, say goodbye to all the lads for me. After all the shots I'll most likely turn in early since I have always had difficulty getting to sleep lying on my stomach and the flight to darkest Afrika leaves at dawn. I'll drop you mates a note when I can. Cherrio!
------------------ "Blessed are they who expect nothing. For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"