Folks,

Sir Old Dux:

I am more than touched (I have, by most accounts, always been just a bit touched anyway) by your more than generous welcome home. What a party we will have! Much ado about very little I assure you. Still, as Joan of Ark might have said to her executioners, "On a cold day such warm greetings should be much appreciated".

The well executed sketch reminds me of one of the more comfortable rooms back at Mother Rasputin's Home for the Vaguely Competent & the Marginally Aware.

Of coarse I will be attending if I have your word as an officer and a gentleman that you will not be bringing your trusty SAS issue SA80 5.5 mm with high powered scope to the shindig.

After all I have just intimated that perhaps you above all men know that dear Olga was not a woman of pristine virtue. After more than half a century it is perhaps a noble offer of kindness to gloss over certain less savory aspects of any historical figure's character. If the noble Canuck51 truly believes Olga was virginal past the age of 3 I respectfully beg to differ. :rolleyes:

In fact, you might say about yourself and the great Olga the very same thing that Oscar Levant once said about chaste screen heroine Doris Day, "I knew her BEFORE she was a virgin." \:\)

The prodigal has returned...let the festivities begin! \:\)


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019