Folks,

T_K:

Thank you kindly for reading here and for voting for SNAFU's thread. I see HWH now rates 4 stars. If he's up/down there watching us I know he's pleased.

Bizarre/Stickman, Dux:

I hope you voted 5 stars for old SNAFU.

Are you quite sure about that book? I always thought that "Westward Ho" was all about the tribulations of a salty 19th century madame and her difficult struggle to create a chain of brothels along the twisty wagon train route west, just before the californy gold rush...

Hmmmmmm. Was there a move made of "Westward Ho"? I've seen "The Big Sky" and lovely Donna Reed was in that one with the buck skinned Douglas too. She was the Indian guide, right? Donna didn't become a ho in the movies until "From Here to Paternity" with Burt Lancaster and Monte Clift.

Thanks to a doting grandmother who read to me daily beginning in my infancy, I was a very early starter in the reading business. She filled my mind with wonder and stretched my imagination around many interesting things. She always had the time and patience to explain and to emphasize important things, the morals of all those fairy tales and tall stories. She encouraged me to learn to read early. I was reading before I was walking it seems to me. Anyway I was definitely reading before I could walk the 6 blocks to the library.

I shamelessly admit that in my precocious childhood that my favorite literature tended toward those literary giants Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel, and all that Disney produced in abundance. My parents provided me with works sanctioned by Mr. Disney and an older cousin was always good for a large stack of the less parentally approved titles every month. I think that those Disney comics greatly helped me develop a sense of the humorous early on. This has served me well throughout the years. My dear wife contends that if it weren't for my sense of humor...I'd have no sense at all. ;\)


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019