Folks,

OG:

Congrats to you and your lady. Ma you have many more happy anniversaries.

I like dogs too. My Belgian Shepherd, the best dog I ever had, was a rescue Canine Police trainee. Not quite as aggressive enough it was said. He was about to be put down. A Highway patrolman friend of ours helped us get him. The dog knew many commands ( all spoken in Dutch for safety reasons).

The dog was big, intelligent and very protective of the family. Those who have been here longest would remember Chief. He always was featured in my Christmas greetings. He popped up in several tales. The only other pet anyone would be familiar with would be my albino ferret JD Fidget. He was spoken of many times because of his antics around my home office. I miss that little fellow. He was afraid of nothing.

Fittop:

LOL. Aliens..... now why didn't I think of that. That would explain so much. wink The pliers might indicate an undesired interest in dentistry.

Well, pal, a piano makes an incredibly expensive door stop. So I figured someone there could play it? OK, maybe it was purchased to entice your mother in law to visit more often? My grandson is now learning to play Dux's instrument, the electric bass. I cannot keep up with his progress from one instrument to another. He loves his guitars but they needed a bass player at church so he volunteered. I think he has set aside learning keyboard or piano for the time being.

I liked Patti Page. She had many hit records and a good TV show. I saw Brenda Lee perform "Live" in my home town in the early 60's. She used several local musicians for the event.

Why do we say "Performing Live" the way I just did? Has anyone ever performed "Dead". Maybe John Dillinger, who seemed more popular than ever with the crowds who swarmed to see his riddled corpse. But was that performing?

That high school girlfriend of mine who tragically lost a leg to cancer's father was an FBI agent who, I was told, actually had some part in getting Dillinger.

After she had died and we were clearing out the house, I found an old newspaper with the killing of Dillinger on page one. Why Grandma had saved that paper so long I have no idea. She had also saved an old calendar with those Dionne Quintuplets featured on it. Grandma had eclectic taste to be sure. I do too.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019