Folks,

Seminole:

c'est la vie is quite correct.

Another Tar Heel? Where did you grow up?

Thank you so much for posting. The first friend my age I lost was way back in the tenth grade. One of my pals (a neighbor across the street from us) was being driven by the family chauffeur somewhere out in the country and they had a terrible wreck with an 18 wheeler. The entire school was disrupted for about a week.

We have friends that have moved to Oregon. Bend Oregon I think it is. Have you thought of posting a HWH story? Please do.


SNAFU:

Thanks for asking. "She who must not be named" is doing well enough. At least she wouldn't let me shoot the dog. Although in a frightful rage at the time I wasn't serious about it anyway.

Of the two surviving kittens (we have no idea how large the litter actually was) the little black kitten was my wife's favorite. That is of coarse the one that was killed.

Old Dux:

Thank you for sharing your nostalgic thoughts regarding the on-going shire-wide search for a universal fitting three-hole toilet seat. The next time we visit a yard sale or flea market I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for same. \:\)

Odd isn't it how often you can look in the mirror without paying much attention to the changes of time yet the moment you meet someone whom you have not seen for years the change in them is sometimes so shocking that you rush right home to get out that precision screwdriver set you got last Christmas to re-adjust the vertical hold and fine focus on the old bathroom mirror.

I suppose it is because you see yourself daily and your comfortable last memory of many others is kinda frozen in the mottled amber of your long-term recollection right up until you get a shocking strobe-like update.

Well done you for recognizing those winning contestants in the very first Miss Teen Derbyshire Beauty Contest and RCVS Dog Show. I wonder how many of my classmates I have passed on the street or down the corridors of the Mall without recognizing them or having them notice that it is I? Hmmmmmm. Yes I heard that unkind remark C51. Perhaps they did recognize me after all but looked away and hurried by without speaking. ;\)

C51:

Your kind words are like a warm and soothing ointment. Thank you my friend for caring. Yes, it is the fact that the tiny new life just lost was totally innocent and completely trusting that weighs heavily on my troubled mind. That and the fact that it was ultimately my responsibility to protect it.

'Twas in fact pure jealousy that caused the waste of a life. Our canine member of the family is considering his spiteful actions whilst chained at the farthest end of our property tonight. To be away from his post of honor by the back door at night is probably the worst punishment possible for our deadly mutt. He will have several more days and nights to reflect upon it. He will not get near the other kitten until it can defend itself....then I'll get out the canine first aid kit and we'll see what happens.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019