Folks,
JRT: The rain you experienced may be related to the one that serenaded this area very early Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Loud? It sounded vicious, and with no tree on that side of the house anymore -the last one there being a victim of a prior lighting bolt,- I laid awake worried if the eight-inch wire I connected to ground from the TV antenna was think enough to carry any lighting charge away from the house.
On the bright side, I would not have to water the lawn on my allowed day.
But it's fair and sunny today, and those problems can be put away until the next storm. Yep, a procrastinator tempting Murphy.

The Air Force flight suit is long gone, thanks to the-then teenage son wearing it to Halloween parties. A merciful demise since it would not now fit.
I do have an Army one though; oops, that one has paint streaks, so no.
But this one has the peel-off nametags that neither NK, China or Russia would recognize as Geneva accord-approved anyway.

Not that the Services would take, in any capacity, an old man that could call its colonels "Sonny".

Hopefully, I am safe from alert duty unless it's a general call; in which case all our names are in the pot; and all heel spurs victims would start at the KP duty level.

I am hoping that alert duty was modified in some way, I think it was.

But I hope it was for the better.

Once the Pentagon derailed that regrettably mostly -unknown American Hero, James G. Burton and his cohorts from modernizing military thinking (They are the ones that helped give us the A-10, F-16 and other modern weapons) and it went back to its old ways, I suspect we might have gone back to ear-counting and may be primed for another Pearl harbor.

That scares the hell out of me.

It you are interested, the movie 'The Pentagon Wars" puts out part of the story in a humorous way. The book of the same name is a much more accurate portrayal of what happened.