Gentlemen,

JRT,

All is now revealed...

Some time ago I, like many others, signed a petition which called for a statue to be dedicated to Sir Keith Park. This statue is now in Trafalgar Square since unveiling on November 4th 2009 and will be removed and unveiled again in Waterloo Place on the 15th September 2010.

As you know, that date will be the 70th anniversary of the biggest Luftwaffe raid on London.

I was sent an invite to the unveiling but had to decline. This was a mistake because I now realize that the refreshments will be of the highest quality. Anyway - I was sent this wonderful Christmas card from the Memorial Campaign offices.

I am sure it will become a collector's item one day although it would have been great to be there in September and get some appropriate autographs from some of those present. Sadly, this much overdue commemoration should have taken place 60 years ago which means that virtually all BoB pilots are no longer with us - but I'm not so sure about Bob Doe DSO, DFC.



'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------