The powerful search lights cut through the night sky the beams meeting several hundred feet up then crossing and continuing upward in opposite directions, the crowd streams toward the theatre entrance the smell of thickly buttered popcorn filling the air. On the neon sign above the doorway it reads......
And now staring Sir JR2 as Huck Finn and SNAFU as his trusty sidekick Tom Sawyer.
In the opening scene we appear stolling down a dirt road straw hats atop our heads, smoking corncobb pipes and barefooted. We hoof it to school through a chilling winter storm. Soon we detour across a fallen log and over a frozen pond. As we continue on.....
"Huck" I say. "What do you want to be when yur grown up" "Well Tom, I reckin I'd be aworkin on my daddy's farm" Sir JR2 replies. "Dang Huck, dat aint no fun atall" I answered back. "Well alright then Tom, lets tape mirrors on the tops of our feet and look up Miss Tarnations skirt".
"Now yur talkin Tom" says Sir JR2 and with that we dash back to the snow covered road and high tail it to school. Scene two.....