Naturally no one possessed of a sound mind or even otherwise should pay any attention to what I think, especially regarding anything as serious as politics.
I once knew a very popular TV producer/personality who had his own syndicated sportsman's show seen weekly all across the south. He was at one time an avid pilot as well. Today he is grounded due to health issues.
He was a staunch conservationist and at the height of his popularity he became completely disenchanted with our lawmakers due to their allowing foreign and domestic trawlers to come into our waters and almost indiscriminately scoop up tons of fish.
Frustrated and angry after years of attempting to lobby for needed changes in the fishing industry he finally had the following bumper sticker printed up in great quantities and distributed them everywhere that his TV show was broadcast. The sticker proclaimed in large letters:
"DON'T REELECT NOBODY, NOT EVEN YOUR MAMA!" Since my mama was not running for election I especially liked that one. I still do.
This fellow had a lovely STOL (Short Take Off and Landing)single engine aircraft that he flew to and from filming locations and for business, hunting and fishing trips as well. He could land and take off almost on a dime. The plane was painted with zebra stripes. I do not know if it was a black plane with white stripes or a white plane with black stripes.....
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019