My condolences to the family of the pilot and to you, OG. That's on the first set of news. Now the hard work of cleaning up lives has started.
On the second, I salute your good thought process and bow to your good luck in being able to tell the tale. Commendations are in order to all the pilots on the second piece. Good teamwork makes it all much easier. No denying that luck helps, but we do have a tendency to make our own luck. (90% sweat and work?)
In much more mundane news, my sympathies for those without a place to stay warm. (Yes, trying to also figure out how to help those shaving it too close to a paycheck, or none at all for now without insulting pride.) We woke to 25 degrees but at least the sun is shining for now. There is a total lunar eclipse and I will probably be up to see it. It will be cold, but I find the eclipses fascinating. It is forecast to be a bit warmer tonight than last night.