Folks:

It was not typical for me to take the other side, however tonight I can steal from the title of the famous book and boast that 'I flew for the Fuhrer'. Here is just part of what happened.

The Zerstorer
By JRT
HWH Continued WOV
Page 553
7.8.08

On Sept. 7th 1940 a large force of Me 110s from Zerstorergeschwader 26 l/l flying as detached escort was performing a fighter sweep at 12,000 feet 2 miles S of Ramsgate. They encountered a patrol of 9 Spitfires 2,000 feet below them. Leading my flight of zerstorers we maneuvered to attack from behind.

We were not discovered until I poured a long burst into the flight leader and sent him spiraling toward the grassy countryside sans a large part of his left wing. My wingman apparently put in a good burst into one of the Spits as we passed through the expanding formation and banked sharply in a fast climbing turn with throttles wide open and both engines screaming. Karl, my rear gunner kept up quite a banter throughout the attack and I heard his gun tapping away as we climbed.

Before I knew it another easy target presented itself and I followed it into a dense cloud. Somehow we came out the other side right on his tail and not changing direction in the cloud sealed this fellows doom in a hurry. These 'destroyers' may not be as nimble as the enemy's ships but their fire power is withering.

All our ships made it home safely to France. Everyone claimed at least one kill and I had two confirmed. Hmmmmm. Now let me see. We out numbered the enemy. I got 2 and everyone else claimed at least one...... If I take out my trusty, rusty old abacus and I do some simple subtraction..... this simply cannot be.

Jens:

Sorry my friend, I completely forgot to answer your question regarding downloading the last BDG patch of the Rowan version of BoB. It is much too large. It would choke a dial up connection. I've asked my son who has a DSL connection to download it for me and save it to a Flash Drive then I'll pick it up and bring it home this weekend if not sooner and install both the patch and the terrain files. I hope there will be no conflicts after patching.

I have not returned to Flying Corps since the last big crash and uninstall either. Perhaps I shall someday? I would really like to get that running. It seems to disagree with the Radeon for some reason. Or perhaps it is the other way 'round? It used to run fine using the old ATI Rage Pro card.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019