Folks,

I'm OK. Yup, I'm still struggling to make sense of a life without my wife and best friend for 40 years. It is a process and in time I'm promised the days if not the nights will be easier.

It was interesting for a time trying to follow Holland's book by flying instant, historic missions as the story of the BoB progressed. I got to August 15th. I cannot fly a campaign. That's not strictly true. I can fly one campaign mission, complete it and land but then I have to close BoB down and start again. If I try to continue with another mission BoB crashes. When I shut down and restart the campaign I get the same mission over again.

So I ignore the campaigns and fly instant missions only. I am told that I am lucky to be able to do that with my old Dell Dimension 4400. At the present time I really haven't much desire to continue that BoB book/BoB sim experiment though I may well do so sometime in the future.

Do you recall the humorous scene in the BoB movie when the brave Polish pilot bailed out and landed in a farmer's field? "Good af-ter-noon", he said, with a polite bow and a thick Polish accent to the irate farmer wielding a pitchfork. Considering that; I suppose it was with no little trepidation that those few unlucky English pilots bailed out over Ireland.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019